Sole Survivor

gwand

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I wonder what makes this little guy special that he is the only survivor from his brood of many. He is the offspring of gold sailfin Molly’s.
IMG_0737.jpeg

Think of kittens or puppies...pick of the litter sort of thing. This little one has survived when the others didn't. The question is why did it survive or rather, why did the others not make it? Water parameters? Breeding? Nutrition? I would investigate for your follow-on broods.

Think of kittens or puppies...pick of the litter sort of thing. This little one has survived when the others didn't. The question is why did it survive or rather, why did the others not make it? Water parameters? Breeding? Nutrition? I would investigate for your follow-on broods.
His siblings were hunted down by their parents and a bunch of red coral dwarf platies. It’s a jungle in my tank. 😜

Or survival of the luckiest. The size of molly fry often protects them from platys, and my (wild caught or wild type) mollies rarely ate their own fry, unless the tank was too small. Older siblings were deadly though - they'd feast on a new brood.

Most reactions

Back