So many loaches, so little time… Beaufortia kweichowensis

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I’ve got a few of these in my Hillstream tank.. don’t see them talked about much.. I was thinking this big one, was one of my “Gold Rings”, as they were some of the largest of the Flying Saucer shaped Hillstream’s, but last night I saw a big Chinese butterfly ( usually on the front glass, or hidden ) and not easy to identify from their belly… on one of the pagodas… and it may be the biggest in the tank.. and the last time I pulled a filter for cleaning, there was a tiny one inside the filter, so I have quite a size range… they are a pretty cool fish, being tan to brown, with black spots… if I wasn’t trying to do an “ark” tank with the Hillstream’s, I would get some more… anyone else have them??? I’m sure I bought 3, when I got them… mine seem to be doing fine, at a cooler temperature, than is listed on Seriously Fish.. my Hillstream tank could do without a heater, just being room temperature… but I like the digital temperature reading on the heater, even if it isn’t running… it’s set at 70 degrees, but during the summer, the tank has been hanging in the lower 70’s typically 73-75 degrees… but during the winter months, it drops to 70, and the heater runs a little…

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back