So Exciting! First Cory Eggs!

gruffalo

Reaction score
Well I'm absolutely over the moon! I woke up this morning to find my peppered catfish had started to spawn! :D I hadn't been trying to breed them so it was quite a surprise! The process is fascinating, I feel so lucky to have been able to watch them during the day. I love the way that mum holds the eggs before going off to deposit them. I've moved the eggs I could find to safety and shall be keeping my fingers crossed that some hatch. :wub:

Thank you! I've suspended a plastic container inside the tank and put lots of tiny holes in the sides so that the water can circulate and placed the eggs on some java moss in there. Any ideas on how long they take to hatch if fertile?

Congratulations, gruffalo :)

The eggs will usually hatch in 4 days, give or take a bit. You didn't say anything about adding an airstone to the container. They do need to have very good circulation around them to prevent fungus from developing and/or spreading.

Good luck with them.

Thank you Inchworm, I didn't know about the possibility of fungus so will get straight on to that :good:

Most reactions

Back