So as I was cleaning...

Fizzle1785

Reaction score
I took my tank lid off and SURPRISE! Snail eggs?? I currently have 1 big gold mystery snail and 2 black mystery snails. Are these fertilized? What color would it be lol? These are eggs, right? Is this good or a bad thing? I’ll become overrun or it will balance itself out? Remove them? I’d hate to do that honestly but if it’s for the best I would. Anything you know please comment!

Attachments

• 4204CAEB-497B-4A79-A3C1-C4C6715EC8C2.jpeg
    4204CAEB-497B-4A79-A3C1-C4C6715EC8C2.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 76
They are mystery/apple snail eggs. If you don't want them, you can remove the eggs and freeze them before disposing of them. If you want to know what the snails will look like, maybe leave one cluster in place.

They are mystery/apple snail eggs. If you don't want them, you can remove the eggs and freeze them before disposing of them. If you want to know what the snails will look like, maybe leave one cluster in place.
Okay I was pretty sure they were! Are you suggesting only leaving one batch? The only reason I would take them down is if it’s going to be a complete infestation. Roughly how many eggs is that? Do they lay hundreds or a few dozen or so? And they are definitely fertilzed?

Most reactions

Back