Snakeheads

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

killerfishluvr

Reaction score
i had 2 snakeheads. i think they are just the common ones. well, one of them died in a move of tanks. he jumped out over night and by the time i got him back in the water, it was too late.
i have heard these fish are outlawed in the states now. i live in michigan and havent seen any since i bought mine over a year ago. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND SOME MORE? i am willing to go out of state if needed. i love this type of fish. any help would be great, thanks.

You could try here http://www.predatoryfish.net , quite a few US snakehead keepers on there that might be able to hook you up, either that or up sticks and move to England, we can get loads of snakeheads and theyre not illegal :p

My brother lives in flint and he tells me that there is a lfs in burton that has them.

um, check out yahoo.com. one was found in a river in Wisconsin recently, maybe you could try a little fishing!!! :lol: just kidding you!!!!

I seroulsy could I live only 2 miles from the wisconson border with the UP but any tropical fish that gets let go up here is doomed to die

killerfishluvr said:
i had 2 snakeheads. i think they are just the common ones. well, one of them died in a move of tanks. he jumped out over night and by the time i got him back in the water, it was too late.
i have heard these fish are outlawed in the states now. i live in michigan and havent seen any since i bought mine over a year ago. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND SOME MORE? i am willing to go out of state if needed. i love this type of fish. any help would be great, thanks.
There is a reason that snakeheads are illegal now. Think about it before getting one.

KnuckleHead:
the reason people cant have snakeheads is because of unresponsible, uneducated fish owners who let them go in ponds, lakes, and streams. for responsible fish owners, they arent that hard to handle. mine was 3 years old and that was the 1st time he had jumped out. i would attribute to a big move he just had. not cause they are a hard fish to take care of. i think they are an awesome looking and intelligent fish with great preditory habits that so many of us fish lovers look for. -J

but that doesnt cover those that are already in the country. so if sombody that is responsable wants to breed them and sell them well all the more power to them....but that responsablity goes both ways and the owners of these fish need to be willing to keep a fish that can easily get over 2 feet.

Most reactions

Back