Snails

michellebradford

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
im thinking of getting some snails for my tank just wondered which ones where best, i would love them to eat alge but not my plants,i have a 240L tank so there plenty of space, never looked into snails b4 only had the ones tht can travel on the live plants

apple snails are nice and come in lots of colours, check out applesnail.net for more info and make sure you buy brigs as cannas get huge and eat plants :)

Nerite snails are also good algae eaters and don't touch plants.

021-1.jpg

Clean up crew have arrived, 2 apple snail and 4 shrimp, if all works well i will add more shrimp they are kinda cute lol, just hope my plants surive, if not might look for some nice fake ones if anyone know of any good sites to get them from let me know

Tahnks all for your help

apple snails are nice and come in lots of colours, check out applesnail.net for more info and make sure you buy brigs as cannas get huge and eat plants :)

I have an Apple Snail in my coldwater set-up. This link seems to suggest they are tropical. In the LFS I bought it from it was in a coldwater tank. Should I move him or is it simply different types of apple snail need different water temperatures?

Applesnail.net

I have an Apple Snail in my coldwater set-up. This link seems to suggest they are tropical. In the LFS I bought it from it was in a coldwater tank. Should I move him or is it simply different types of apple snail need different water temperatures?

Bump this Snail question about temperature. I've had mine awhile & despite my room going as low as 6[sup]o[/sup]C he seems to be fine, but am I being cruel by keeping him in my coldwater set-up?

Most reactions

Back