Snails

fishfreak24

Reaction score
Can any one sugest a fish that will eat my snails.(It is getting out of controle)

Dwarf Chain Loaches are good but need to be in groups of 4+ and can cost £8 each.

You can get snail remover solution (i think) but it will kill shrimp and othe crustacieans

Dwarf Chain Loaches are good but need to be in groups of 4+ and can cost £8 each.

You can get snail remover solution (i think) but it will kill shrimp and othe crustacieans

I have been using a snail remover but it has not worked

I'd be interested in this one, got a 60 ltr tank only about 6 weeks old... got 2 snails, not sure if I should be worried just yet though

@ Fishfreak - did you buy them or did they come on plants?

It has been suggested to put cucumber in your tank and remove it each morning with all of the snails still attached.

When I had snail problem in my 35L I put the water and fish in a container. Cleaned the tank out. Replaced the gravel. Put water and fish back. Snails didn't come back. Job done.

If you have a run away snail population, it means that you are overfeeding. If there is no leftover food, then the snails have nothing to eat and reproduce. Try putting a slice of courgette into the tank, leaving it overnight. In the morning remove it and all the snails attached to it.

ok, i need help with snails aswell!
tried completely cleaning substrate etc technique, but it didnt work, well it did, for a week! :(
Also tried putting cucumber in tank, the taking out next day, that also never worked.

So theres defos no fish that will eat them?

Some loaches will eat them, like clown loaches. I know there are other types of loaches that will eat them for sure, but I'm not 100% on which ones will and which ones won't.

Most reactions

Back