Snails Out Of Control

I must admit, even if the copper treatment wasn't potentially dangerous to inverts. The other issue is with a large infestation, if you put a chemical treatment in you suddenly potentially have a large amount of dead and rotting snails that could pollute the water.

Try slicing a fresh pies of cucumber and put it under an upside-down saucer propped up so that the snails can crawl under. Leave it overnight, then collect any snails under the saucer
Hope this helps

Try slicing a fresh pies of cucumber and put it under an upside-down saucer propped up so that the snails can crawl under. Leave it overnight, then collect any snails under the saucer
Hope this helps
Now -that- sounds interesting! We'll have to hear if any members find that their snails think this is even more enticing than lettuce on top of the saucer! :D

Hi ALL! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the help and idea's. I have now got a new 3 ft tank for my babies and I have the snail kill from the pet shop which i have put into a bucket with my new soon to be plants so that any snails on them will be killed before I put them in the tank. As i have my new tank I was woundering what other fish I can have in the new tank and how many, (what would go with perl lace gamis as I am quite sure they don't like any livly fish. ? Thanks again :good:

Hi ALL! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the help and idea's. I have now got a new 3 ft tank for my babies and I have the snail kill from the pet shop which i have put into a bucket with my new soon to be plants so that any snails on them will be killed before I put them in the tank. As i have my new tank I was woundering what other fish I can have in the new tank and how many, (what would go with perl lace gamis as I am quite sure they don't like any livly fish. ? Thanks again :good:
Yes, hi there SJM and welcome to the beginners section! Glad to hear you are keeping your snail kill chemical out of your tank. Be sure to rinse the plants well so they won't carry that chemical on into the tank with them.

I recommend you start your own thread for starting up if you haven't already. That way the members can find out what size tank you have and what your water chemistry and cycling preparations have been like and whether your tank is prepared to have more fish yet. In that same thread they can begin to help you with your stocking plan. Pearls can be quite aggressive fish, although not among the worst, so it will help to plan before buying.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back