Snails Aren't Aggressive, Right?

xtinana

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to find my betta, who had been struggling to recover from fin rot, all torn up all over again...worse than ever before. :sad: He is in a five-gallon tank and he had a recent companion placed in, one trumpet snail. I figure this is probably because I had a rock setup at the bottom of the tank, and perhaps he just burrowed under a rough spot and got mangled...he did like to try and hide under them often, despite having several decently-sized plants to hide in (no way he got caught on those, they were as gentle as I could find). However, I am wondering if there is any chance that the snail had something to do with my betta's fin destruction...is this possible?

The only potentially fish damaging snails commonly encountered, that I know of, are Greater pond snails, and then it usually seriously ill fish.

Also if the betta is exhibiting hiding behaviour like that, he doesn't sound at all happy. I would add some floating plants, and turn of the tank light for a while, adding melafix, and see how he does.

Most reactions

Back