Small Hairline Crack In My Tank!

Angels777

Reaction score
My tank has finally cycled and my fish will be here on Tuesday. Today I noticed what looks to me like a small hairline crack on the side of my tank! I have had the tank set up for about 6 weeks. Everything is level so I have no idea what has happened.

What in the world do I do now? Is there something I can buy to seal the crack before it gets larger and breaks? If I have to get a new tank and move everything, will I have to start the cycle all over again?????

I could just cry about now.

Can you describe the crack?

Is it on the inside or the outside of the crack?
Where abouts on the tank is it?
Are you sure its a crack and not a scratch?

If it is too bad to repair, which i doubt, then you will not have to do another cycle as you already have cycled media in the filter of your current tank. If that makes sence?

I hope its not too bad. :good:

If you got a new tank you wouldn't need to cycle it again just remove the water from your cracked tank into the new one and place your filter in there also.

I wouldn't risk fixing it but then I love wasting money lol

Is it a crack, or a scratch ? Glass is surprisingly easy to scratch - especially if you have sand !

If it IS a crack, it WILL run to/from at least one edge... its what it does when it gets there that keeps us all awake !
Depending on where the crack is, and your level of pride, you can patch it with another piece of glass, or even a strip of glass - stuck on with "glassbond" NOT I REPEAT NOT silicon !

Ive have scratches in tanks for decades, so apart from looking out of place, they are quite safe.

WHY THE TWO POSTS ?

Most reactions

Back