Slightly Bloated Guppies?

VanillaShake112

Reaction score
I just finished cycling my aquarium and added my first three guppies Saturday. But lately I've noticed that they look kind of bloated, you can hardly see but if you look close you can tell. Is this normal? They seem to bleat a few hours after eating. I feed them tropical crisp food and Nutrafin complete mico granules.

I just finished cycling my aquarium and added my first three guppies Saturday. But lately I've noticed that they look kind of bloated, you can hardly see but if you look close you can tell. Is this normal? They seem to bleat a few hours after eating. I feed them tropical crisp food and Nutrafin complete mico granules.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much. If they are feeding and looking lively then they will probably be fine.

Are they male or female??? IF female, i wouldnt worry. Most female guppies are pregnant when you buy them. Just make sure they keep on eating. If they stop, you should research further into it.

Check that their scales aren't 'pineconing' - you can see this more easily from above. As long as they are not doing this and it seems like a temporary thing I wouldn't worry too much, just keep an eye on them. My guppies fatten up almost instantly when they eat, then slim back down within a couple of hours. Small meals more often = better than large meals less often.

Most reactions

Back