Size Tank For Him?

H-Fish

Reaction score
Hay Ppll.

My fucnds are low and i have been reading all ur info about Males and Females bein together, so i have decided to get a small tank or large bowl with heater and filter but small one (Filter).

What size will be ok for him as i have read that 5 Gallons or a 3 Gallon would be ok for him???

He is flirting big time with the female but no bubble nest as yet anyone know y?

Ph is fine, water is fine, temp is fine, lots of hiding places..

I personally would think 5 gallons is minumum but im sure most people would say that 3 gallons is adequate as long as it is filtered and heated.

He may still make a nest, it can just take time. Ive just spawned my bettas, the first male would show great interest but no nest. I then tried a different male and got a nest staright away! Some can take a little time and some just wont make one. Some will even wait until they are together and spawning.

Ive also been told that taking the female away from him could make him blow one, they can distract so to speak. Hope thats of some help!

James

Almost every home has space for 5 gallons, so get 5 gallons. It will be far easier to maintain, and the fish will actually have space to swim between plants and decor. If you have space for larger than 5 gallons then that's even better.

If you haven't conditioned the pair he won't make a bubblenest. He'll see her as a trespasser rather than a mate. Move him into a tank that is at least 2.5 gallons, which is the minimum amount of space for a betta to thrive. Five gallons is the ideal sized tank.

Most reactions

Back