Silver Fip Tetra

robbo1078

Reaction score
sooo as you may have read, ive been given a tank about 3 weeks ago now, and all is going well, apart from my silvertip tetra, im worried as its nipping at my guppies fins quite badly, ill be taking it to the 'lfs'? (is that right? lol) but wont be able to do that earliest monday! is there anything i can do before this as one of my guppies fins is getting quite bad and all i can do is sit and watch :(!

I'm not surprised if there's only one. Silvertips are very active fish who really need large shoals (minimum of 12 ime) so just one will be a very unhappy fish. Shops should be open tomorrow, can you not go then?

yea i know :( but i haent had the oppurtunity to take him/her back yet, which i know i need to do :( i cant unfortunately, the earliest i can take it is monday night, i feel really mean just leaving it in there knowing its unhappy

have you any way you can seperate the fish? a mesh divider down the tank so that the tetra is on it's own perhaps?

I'm in Norfolk (kings Lynn), im only 17 and rely on parents to take me to and from fish stores...

I live with my mum but at my dads this weekend, typical isn't it...

Most reactions

Back