Sick Oscar

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tcapps

Reaction score
I have had my oscar (hauss) on melafix and pimafix for 5 days due to a issue with my other tank as I use the same buckets/hose. Came home yesterday and he was pale and had this on his side. Done a 35-40% water change, added another air stone due to it looked like he was gasping for air. He started moving around more but still wont eat. Came home today and he is staying at bottom of tank. Done another 30-40% water change and he is moving around a little. I've had him over 2 years and the only other issue was ich about a year ago. Please help!
55 gal tank
Temp 78
Ph 7.6
Ammonia 0
Nitrates 0

20191219_174458.jpg

I know nothing about Oscars but that appears to be fungus. Two choices here: 1) Non-Medicated Treatment - You can dab it with a cotton swab and methylene blue. Then, if Oscar’s can handle it, raise your temp to about 85F for 2 weeks. Do an initial 70% water change and add 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons of water. Again, if Oscars can handle aquarium salt. Fungus doesn’t like elevated heat or salt. After initial dose, do daily 50% water changes and 1/2 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons. Be sure to dissolve the salt in a little tank water before adding to fish water as it can sting the fish2). Several meds are available to treat fungus. API Fungus Cure is a good one.

I know nothing about Oscars but that appears to be fungus. Two choices here: 1) Non-Medicated Treatment - You can dab it with a cotton swab and methylene blue. Then, if Oscar’s can handle it, raise your temp to about 85F for 2 weeks. Do an initial 70% water change and add 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons of water. Again, if Oscars can handle aquarium salt. Fungus doesn’t like elevated heat or salt. After initial dose, do daily 50% water changes and 1/2 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons. Be sure to dissolve the salt in a little tank water before adding to fish water as it can sting the fish2). Several meds are available to treat fungus. API Fungus Cure is a good one.
Thank you!

Most reactions

Back