Tank size: 110l
pH: 7.5
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 20
kH:
gH:
tank temp: 76

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):
I'm puzzled by the health of one of my fish. Over the last week she's become lethargic, lost weight and colour but is trying to feed and doesn't have clamped fins, she's not got dropsy, she's not shimmying and none of the other fish are showing any symptoms. Her poo isn't stringy or white either.
She's not gulping air but she is now crashed at the bottom of the tank.
She's a molly and also has tiny bumps on her body but it's 100% not ick.
Her behaviour has changed too, she's no longer the bully of the tanks and is now being picked on by others.

Volume and Frequency of water changes: 25% weekly

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: Carbon in filter

Tank inhabitants: neons, mollies, platys

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): none

Exposure to chemicals: none

Would be more than grateful if i could get some help

Nic

Has she lost her weight due to not Much?

The bumps do the look like tiny red pin pricks.
Are the little bump on top of the skin, or beneath the skin.
Any redness to the bump. do the bumps have a circling of white around the edges.
Do the bumps have a red centre, of white centre.
Has the fish darkened in colour.
Is she leaning to oneside when she layed on the substrate.

Has she lost her weight due to not Much?
She's lost weight and it's noticable, but she's not emeciated

The bumps do the look like tiny red pin pricks.
no

Are the little bump on top of the skin, or beneath the skin.
On top of the skin

Any redness to the bump.
none

do the bumps have a circling of white around the edges.
no

Do the bumps have a red centre, of white centre.
neither, they are the same colour as the fish and very difficult to see

Has the fish darkened in colour.
no, she's got lighter

Is she leaning to oneside when she layed on the substrate.
no

To add to that she's a little perkier today, she's eaten something and isn't crashed on the bottom, she's still hiding a lot and is far from well.

The bumps are smaller than a pin head, the same colour of the fish and you can only see them when you look along the length of the fish. Her scales are not sticking out.

Are the tiny lumps raised with fluid inside them.
Is there any signs of strands coming out of the tiny bumps.
I know she crashed out on the bottom of the tank, but have you see any
signs of flicking and rubbing, or darting around tank.

If there no parasite signs. I think I would isolate her and try an internal bacteria med.

Here is some info on internal bacteria infections.

The third type of infection produced by Aeromonas is by no means the least. This form is often the most virulent (potent) and can be rapidly fatal. This insidious form does not produce any noticeable external ulcers. The most notable feature is a behavioral change in which the infected fish generally become listless and lethargic. Some fish may lose color or appear darker. The fish do not feed, frequently seem off balance and may sink to the bottom laying on their sides. The course of the disease is rapid, and by the time the behavioral changes are noticed, the entire population of a tank may succumb, sometimes in a day or so. This is an internal infection, with the bacteria being found in the kidneys and blood of these fish. The bacteria produce potent toxins that account for the severity of the disease.<br /><br /><br />FISH TB LINK<br />http://www.fishyportal.com/cgi-bin/pub/diag?c=v&id=49<br /><br

Most reactions

Back