Sick Blue Channel Catfish

greyoranges240

Reaction score
I have a footlong blue channel catfish in a 20 US Gallon aquarium.
He has something on his left whisker and his left eye is all clouded uup. Also, on his left side at the back there are two white patches. I am currently giving him a treatment "Jungle Lifeguard", and he isn't getting and better, but he's stopped getting worse.

Does anyone know what kind of medicine I should give him or any other general advice?

I have a footlong blue channel catfish in a 20 US Gallon aquarium.
He has something on his left whisker and his left eye is all clouded uup. Also, on his left side at the back there are two white patches. I am currently giving him a treatment "Jungle Lifeguard", and he isn't getting and better, but he's stopped getting worse.

Does anyone know what kind of medicine I should give him or any other general advice?

Not sure whats wrong with him, but the white spots sound like ICH. Also a 20 gallon tank for a fish that is a foot long is way to small. A tank that small and a fish that big don't go together. I mean what can he do but set there he can swim but a few inchs and he's on the other side. That and he probaly can't even turn around. So my suggestion is get a bigger tank ASAP. I'd say nothing smaller then a 55 Gallon. If you can, post some pics.

Channels are big fish. They can get to 3 feet in length so should go in nothing less than 250 gallons IMO and ideally a pond. The fact it got to a foot long in a 20g is quite remarkable though. Pretty much everything wrong with the fish is because of the cramped conditions. Some good general antibacterial medication like Maracyn or Maracyn II should help some of the problems but nothing will cure it if the current conditions keep up.

Most reactions

Back