Sick Betta From Petland

New Betta Owner

Reaction score
I just bought my first betta today from Petland. After googled about betta diseases I'm almost positive that my new betta has tail rot. My betta might have more diseases than the one I discovered, please help me to identify them and treat them. I have attached a photo of him.

Petland has a 48 hours guarantee, and I hope I can make them provide the treatment with this guarantee, so please reply as soon as possible. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• A3b.jpg
    A3b.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 48
he is gorgeous! i love red VTs. that black margin may just be his coloration. his fins look in GREAT shape actually. just keep his water nice and clean and feed good foods. watch for signs of the tail eroding away, or little pin-holes in the fins. also notice if he is scratching on decor in the tank. to me he looks GREAT!!!
enjoy your fish.
cheers

Keep his water clean, change about 20% a day, if you see the tail flaking, then he has finrot but it could just be his coloring.

If you are really worried, I would pop some stress coat in to boost his immune system. Pet shop bettas tend to have a weaker immune system.

He is amazing :good:

I just bought my first betta today from Petland. After googled about betta diseases I'm almost positive that my new betta has tail rot. My betta might have more diseases than the one I discovered, please help me to identify them and treat them. I have attached a photo of him.

Petland has a 48 hours guarantee, and I hope I can make them provide the treatment with this guarantee, so please reply as soon as possible. Thank you very much!
He's beautiful! Just keep his water clean and he'll be happy/healthy! :)

Hi New Betta Owner :)

Beautiful colored fish. Welcome to the forum! :hi:

there is no film on his pectoral fins. they look fine. i think what you are referring to is the "underpiece" of his gill plates. he is flaring very wide there and at that angle you see basically fish skin(no scales) under his gill plates (where his beard would sit normally). his pectoral fins are actually behind (toward his tail) the lighter part. difficult to make out as they are almost head on with the camera.
i wouldnt worry about the health of the fish. he is very vibrant color especially for a red. his fins look great (just watch the black edge on his tail, but honestly i dont think anything that some nice clean warm water wont fix. may even be the coloration.
keep up on the water changes and just observe his behavior.
he really is lovely!
cheers

he looked like a happy and healthy red boy to me. the black on his fins look like normal markings. if the fin starts to be eaten away then try fin rot treatment or keep the water clean with slight salting... hope everything goes well though

it looks like fin rot to me. clean water, a bit of Aquarium Salt, and maybe an IAL leaf, if you can find one, can cure that right up. what size tank do you have the lovely fella in? :3

Most reactions

Back