Siamese Fighting Fish

thenephilim

Reaction score
Would any of you recommend as I have been before to occassionally put a mirror into the tank to allow a betta to stretch his fins so to speak. I have a single male (obviously) betta which is a beautiful red, bluey/purple colour, it is very friendly whenever I clean the tank water and food time etc, I have to be very careful to avoid it getting sucked up into the gravel cleaner as it always follows me around the tank and even when I enter my room it always comes to the front of the tank and follows me.

Hi thenephilim, welcome to the forum. I don't think adding a mirror is a good idea, your betta will only get stressed as he'll want to fight. How about some females instead? B) Mac.

macs right they would get stressed, your lucky if you find females cause
were i live they don't stock females,

Hey!Yes, I agree with the mirror. I give my baby Bubbles a mirror for up to 1/2 hour a day. He loves it, and it gives them excersize and fun. Once the mirrors down, they're not any more aggressive then they were b4. You pick what you want though.

yes thats it what works for some dosnt for others

Mine happiliy displays to its reflection in th glass with no need for a mirror

mine use to do this afraid he died a few weeks ago was dead sad cause he
was a lovely betta,

No, no females unless bloodbaths (well, actually more like shredded fins) are your thing... Or any other fish for that matter.

However, a mirror is alright if not used to much, although it's not nessecary.

i've had a siamese fighter for5 months and was wondering if i could put a female in with

no.

i'm not sure why you posted that question in this thread (seeing as how it's four years old), but regardless, no, you cannot put male and female bettas together because you will end up with a dead betta (or two!). Breeders only put males and females together for very short periods of time and then they are seperated again.

i've had a siamese fighter for5 months and was wondering if i could put a female in with

no.

i'm not sure why you posted that question in this thread (seeing as how it's four years old), but regardless, no, you cannot put male and female bettas together because you will end up with a dead betta (or two!). Breeders only put males and females together for very short periods of time and then they are seperated again.
i use mirror and female i placed a tank near my male about 5cm from him and got a female in it she comes near to him and he shows his fins look

Attachments

• Picture_009.jpg
    Picture_009.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture_010.jpg
    Picture_010.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 54
I would recommend keeping the mirror out of the tank and holding it up to the glass every now and then.

ive been told its good for the betta to have a mirror in for 15mins a day they say the betta is protecting his toerriotry and once the mirror is removed the betta will feel good and dominant that he scared the other off. I also heard another good thing for your betta is putting a marble at the bottom. from what ive heard he will push the marble around the tank for hours. don't know if its fun for him but i put one in and he did do anything :/ then agian it was my friends betta that had been terrorized by cats until the cat finally smashed the bowl the betta was in then i kept in a little bowl with to many ornaments. that was before i learned anything about fish!!

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past! :lol:

No, you shouldn't put a female with your betta unless you want it to all end in tears. :(

IMO if he can see a female or randomly flares, no mirrors. But if he will only flare at a mirror and he doesn't have a female, 15 minutes a day would be okay.

Most reactions

Back