Siamese algae eater and yoyo loaches

Tyler777

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Can these 2 species get aling in the same tank ?
I have 2 siamese algae eaters one is 5 inches long n is a bully the other oneisc3 inches n is peacefull.
I have 4 yoyo oacges that mind theyre own bussines. Immplanning to put em in my 135 gallong once is.fully cycled but i will put thec3 inches siamese algae eater with the yoys thebully will go somewhere else but i need to know if tge species can live ygether

Apples and oranges… but I bought 2 Flying Foxes, on a whim, when I 1st restarted my tanks 2 years ago, the big one was mean to the smaller one, and about the time I was going to separate them, I bought my 1st Hillstream loach… now they get along with 30 other loaches… so you never really know the situation where fish will fight, or hang out together…

Well, both species like to be kept in groups of at least 5 or 6. That's probably why your big SAE bullies your smaller 1. There are no others to swim with, so the small 1 is "it" in the chase game. Not really a great situation.

What is your plan for your 135g? More yoyos would be good depending on what else you'll want to keep. I haven't kept them, but they're often semi-aggressive 6 inch adults. Have lots of hiding places like caves or wood they can in/under will help. I would not trust them with small schoolers like 2+ inch tetras or big slow cichlids like discus. (then there's that temp incompatibility thing too). Many botiid loaches I've kept are mostly crepuscular (dawn & dusk active) & can bother other sleeping fish.

Well, both species like to be kept in groups of at least 5 or 6. That's probably why your big SAE bullies your smaller 1. There are no others to swim with, so the small 1 is "it" in the chase game. Not really a great situation.

What is your plan for your 135g? More yoyos would be good depending on what else you'll want to keep. I haven't kept them, but they're often semi-aggressive 6 inch adults. Have lots of hiding places like caves or wood they can in/under will help. I would not trust them with small schoolers like 2+ inch tetras or big slow cichlids like discus. (then there's that temp incompatibility thing too). Many botiid loaches I've kept are mostly crepuscular (dawn & dusk active) & can bother other sleeping fish.
Well when it vomes to bottom f4eders i will have a spooted raphael catfish, 5 or 6 corys n so far 4 yo yos but planning to get more. Plus the peacefull siamese algae eater

Most reactions

Back