Shrimps

thapsus

Fishaholic
Reaction score
What kind of shrimps do you have? What is your favourite species? In what conditions you keep your shrimps in and with what? :)

I have kept Ghost Shrimp in my planted tank for a long time. I dislike them being clear and hard to find in the tank.
I have seen pictures of Cherry Shrimp on the web, but never in any fish stores near me. Last weekend I was in a store in MD that had them, so I picked up 3 of them.
I have them in a breeding trap in my 40 gallon tank till my 10 gallon tank I set up for them cycles. When / if I get them to breed I will place some in my 40 gallon tank. I'm a little worried that my Botias might try to eat them.
Here's pics I posted here before of them.

post-22-1105306017.jpg

post-22-1105306066.jpg

i am unsure as to what type my shrimps are as the both came accidentily in a shipment of glass gobys.
They swimalot have a long pointed nose and red stripes on side and a white stripe up the back. They share a tank with endlers guppys and various killifish and feed on brine shrimp.

I have ghost shrimp would like cherry shrimp but the local guy only sells ghost and buying them of the web ias just crazy expensive 25 $ to ship 2$ shrimp no thanks but if anyone finds cherries in ct let me know im there :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back