Shrimp Food

Rorie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a tank with only shrimp in to breed them

What should i feed them?

Hikari Crab Cuisine(no copper is in it) and the occasional blanched zucchini and spinach. My shrimp are all breeding, including Crystal Red's.

I only feed and recommend New Life Spectrum. This has proven to be the best option over and over. The only other thing I would consider for them is Golden Pearls. Definitely have live plants for them to forage through.

I only feed and recommend New Life Spectrum. This has proven to be the best option over and over. The only other thing I would consider for them is Golden Pearls. Definitely have live plants for them to forage through.

Link please would like to have read through before changing

They'll eat pretty much anything you give them, mine enjoy flakes, pellets, algae, Brine Shrimp, Cyclops and Mysis Shrimp.

They'll eat pretty much anything you give them, mine enjoy flakes, pellets, algae, Brine Shrimp, Cyclops and Mysis Shrimp.

+1

My crystal reds and red cherry shrimp eat the same :good:

http://nlsfishfood.com/

This is by far the best food out there right now IME. The nutrition is above and beyond anything else right now. Fish (and shrimp) will eat almost anything and most foods out there right now will give you good short term results (good color, grow 'well', etc.) but the big difference is long term success. I ran a fish shop and this food had things accidentally breeding in our tanks (gold barbs, goldfish, crayfish, shrimp, galaxy rasboras, discus, as well as the usual cichlids, platies, etc.).

yeah i saw that site i was looking fo something to support the claim of proven to be best over and over? apart from their site ofc lol

I have been in the hobby fifteen years. I have run fish departments and even LFSs. I have my own aquarium maintenance company. I have used most of the foods out there and this one has proven to be the best by far. I get better colors, growth, health, breeding, and long term thrivability with this food than anything else I have ever tried.

When fish like moorish idols, mandarins, freshwater rays, etc. are not only eating it but thriving on it, it is better.

Did you read the reveiws on their site? Have you read their nutrition article?

At the end of the day you can wait for undeniable scientific evidence that food A is better than food B. But what it comes down to is experience. Try ti as the only thing you feed for a few months and you will see how good it is.

Thanks so its not proven at all but comes recomened from you, which is fine. Might try blag some from someone on here. If its a good as you say there will be members butting in any second for a thumbs up :good:
Infact might make a poll thread out of intrest

I second NLS products, they all have Garlic in too which does have anti-microbial properties.

Scientific studies have shown allicin (a chemical in garlic) to actively kill parasites. I have seen this happen with NLS Thera+A. I feed the Thera+A all the time, I and others I have talked to who do the same have found that the overall occurance of any health problems is greatly reduced.

Thanks for everybodys help! My shrimp will appreciate it haha

Most reactions

Back