Shrimp Compatibility

Jaymz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I recently saw some shrimp at my LFS (I 'think' they were Rock Shrimp) and quite liked the isea of having a couple (of any breed) in my tank, but have no idea about keeping them. My tank is about to become a 190 Litre Venezia, stocked with Sailfins, Clown Loaches, Corydora, two Plecs, various Gourami, small Catfish, Tetras, etc, nothing particularly savage, but I was wondering if they'd be ok in there? I half-expect I'm completely wrong about this all together and it's an awful idea, in which case thanks anyway for listening lol.

I know Clown Loaches love to eat snails .... shrimp might not survive if a clown loach grabs one in search of a snack.

Well the Loaches aren't too big, perhaps three, four inches long, and these Shrimp (Do I mean Rock Shrimp or have I made up some new breed by mistake? I only glanced at the name, once lmao) were a good couple of inches themselves, or will the Loaches just go for the Shrimp no matter what size?

Thanks. :)

Never trust botia loaches with shrimp, if you have a breeding population of something like cherry shrimp and loads of hiding spaces, some may survive, but lots will still be eaten.

Ahh ok then, I have no desire for any to get eaten. 'Twas just a fancy I had to keep some Shrimpies.

I might be back for advice in time as I plan to set up a 90 Litre (If that's big enough) to keep some Shrimp in, and I'll no doubt seek this area out for ideas about tank partners.

Many thanks! :)

Most reactions

Back