Fish Crazy
Reaction score
when my tank is all set up it will have

6-7 pymgy cories
10-15 dwarf spot rasboras
trumpet snails
fully planted.

will this set up be suitable with cherry shrimp

Yeah should be fine and you shouldn't have a baby boom problem as the cories will pick the shrimplets off.

my brigitte rasboras and pygmy corys dont touch my baby shrimp
i just removed over a hundred from the hex housing
though the dwarf spot rasboras are bigger than the brigittes
my pygmy corys dont make a dent in the shrimp population at all

good luck hun

sarah x

Lucky that shrimp don't produce much waste then as you will end up with 60+ by mid summer.

Lucky that shrimp don't produce much waste then as you will end up with 60+ by mid summer.

well over that see pic taken after over 100 shrimp removed

1069.jpg

1070.jpg

Summer is only 2-3 months away pip ;) I know they are at it like rabbits but they do need time to fertilise and develop their eggs before spawning the larvae hence why I put 60+. How on earth do you feed that many shrimp you must go through buckets of shrimp pellets.

Summer is only 2-3 months away pip ;) I know they are at it like rabbits but they do need time to fertilise and develop their eggs before spawning the larvae hence why I put 60+. How on earth do you feed that many shrimp you must go through buckets of shrimp pellets.

thats only a few of them at feeding time lol the rest were swimming around the tank
they do a lot of feeding from the surface of the water so i can feed them spirulina , seaweed and crushed freeze dried daphnia aswell as the sinking food pellets , wafers , flakes , butternut squash , bloodworms , cucumber , courgette and apple

here's a pic of the habrosus corys that are in the tank the blloming pymaeus were off breeding round the other side
1075-1.jpg

looks really good, i cant wait to get mine set up. thanks for the fast reply to my message pip

Most reactions

Back