Should I buy a used Fruval 107 canister filter

Connershawzz

Bichir dad
Reaction score
A guy is selling a bunch of stuff from his fish room , he has the fruval for $20 that’s obviously a good deal. Is there any issues with buying used canister filters? My tank needs a new filter pretty bad. If i should get it , do I need to get anything else for it? I haven’t really looked into canisters. I was planning on getting the fruval Clearstream 50 , but if this is a better filter I’d rather get this!
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3799.png
    IMG_3799.png
    290.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3795.png
    IMG_3795.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 5
Look for any cracks, leaks, or damage to the canister itself. Check the lid and make sure it seals properly.

Inspect the filter media for any signs of wear or tear. You may want to replace the media if it looks old or damaged.

Make sure the hoses are in good condition and free of cracks or leaks. Check the connectors to ensure they fit snugly onto the canister and spray bar.

Check the impeller for any damage or debris that could prevent it from spinning properly. Listen to the motor to see if it makes any unusual noises. You can also plug the filter in to see if it turns on.

Make sure all the original accessories are included, such as the spray bar, intake strainer, and output nozzle.

Look for any cracks, leaks, or damage to the canister itself. Check the lid and make sure it seals properly.

Inspect the filter media for any signs of wear or tear. You may want to replace the media if it looks old or damaged.

Make sure the hoses are in good condition and free of cracks or leaks. Check the connectors to ensure they fit snugly onto the canister and spray bar.

Check the impeller for any damage or debris that could prevent it from spinning properly. Listen to the motor to see if it makes any unusual noises. You can also plug the filter in to see if it turns on.

Make sure all the original accessories are included, such as the spray bar, intake strainer, and output nozzle.
Ok perfect , exactly what I needed thank you!

Hello. Have you considered a $10.00 sponge filter and simply removing and replacing most of the tank water a couple of times a week? Any filter, canister or otherwise is going to do a poor job of keeping the tank water free of dissolved nitrogen from the fish and plant waste. A filter just takes in toxic tank water and returns the water to the tank a little less toxic. The large, frequent water change is the true filter.

Hello. Have you considered a $10.00 sponge filter and simply removing and replacing most of the tank water a couple of times a week? Any filter, canister or otherwise is going to do a poor job of keeping the tank water free of dissolved nitrogen from the fish and plant waste. A filter just takes in toxic tank water and returns the water to the tank a little less toxic. The large, frequent water change is the true filter.

I do change water changes weekly at least like 50%. My filter is just going out it’s the one that came with the tank kit. I’ve been wanting a sponge filter for the bottom with how messy my fish eat, aswell as a new filter. And if I could get this for $20 when the 3 chamber one I want is $45. Why not ?

Most reactions

Back