Shop With Largest/widest Selection

jarmado

Leader of the Pieces
Reaction score
anyone knows which fish shop in the UK has the largest/widest selection of FW fishies?

:drool:

I really like Swallow Aquatics (Dartfod/Gravesend in Kent) I travel three hours to go to them and it is SO worth it!! Might not be the biggest variety but they have a large variety of HEALTHY fish and I think they are generally wonderful!

I really like Swallow Aquatics (Dartfod/Gravesend in Kent) I travel three hours to go to them and it is SO worth it!! Might not be the biggest variety but they have a large variety of HEALTHY fish and I think they are generally wonderful!

how are the fishes (if you get some) after the 3 hours journey back?

Sarah, really? surely one of the other Swallows in nearer you?

of course you could travel another 20mins and come round to me :p

Sarah, really? surely one of the other Swallows in nearer you?

of course you could travel another 20mins and come round to me :p

how about you Wolf?
which fish shop would you recommend?
same as Sarah's?
:)

Wolf would probably recommend his own :lol:

I have three favourites, it's either Maidenhead Aquatics at Polhill Garden Centre, or Birchwood in Swanley/Keston Aquarium (both in partnership) - all have fantastic selections of fish and are very very helpful/knowledgeable.

Wolf would probably recommend his own :lol:

so he has a shop!
that is why he sounds like an expert..
:good:

what is the name of the shop (if i may ask)?
:hey:

EDIT: spelling

I have three favourites, it's either Maidenhead Aquatics at Polhill Garden Centre, or Birchwood in Swanley/Keston Aquarium (both in partnership) - all have fantastic selections of fish and are very very helpful/knowledgeable.

So the fish from Pollhill (Maidenhead) head are of good quality then?, they should be for the prices they charge. I may pop down tomorrow and see what they have :)

how do their price compare?

I love Wholesale Tropicals in London :wub:

The range is awesome (freshwater) and 99% super healthy fish - and what they don't have in, can usually order in for you :good:

I find it near impossible to just go "window shopping" there :X

Note they are Alphabetical. I think Wildwoods came first and Wholesale Tropicals second - in order of actual preference.

Wharf Aquatics in Pinxton on the Derbyshire/Notts border :good:

Good freshwater selection (inc a 1500 gallon display tank with biggies in :wub: ), Marine looks OK, though I'm no expert and it's pretty new, big coldwater section with massive indoor pond and a reptile section too.

At least 2 of the staff write for Practical FishKeeping Magazine, so knowledge is damn good too. They're also not afraid to tell me "No" when I want something I cant/shouldnt have.

I've also just found out there is a Maidenhead Aquatics in Derby, so as everyone raves about them I may have to call in and have a look at that.

Arfie

Most reactions

Back