She's Coming Home Monday!

Synirr

"No one is a failure unless you try"
Reaction score
I know nobody really cares, but I just had to post, I'm so excited! I got to visit Diva at the cat hospital across the parking lot from the adoption center today (being given eyedrops for a minor scratch to her eye), and she is just a totally different cat!!! I guess being away from all the other cats at the adoption center and having a space to herself (albeit a cage), really made a huge difference. Instead of being shy and skittish, she was self-confident and happy to have some attention! The head of the rescue group couldn't believe the change in her. She was rolling on her back for tummy rubs, purring up a storm, kneading her claws, and just being an all-around affectionate and wonderful cat like I knew she could be. She even let me pick her up, which I am told NO ONE has been able to do up to this point. Now I REALLY can't wait to get her home, I just know she's going to love it!! :wub:
The change in her is so amazing that Sheila (the head of the rescue) is thinking about taking her sister, Mia, to the hospital too to see if she'd react the same way! :lol:

I also talked to Sheila about volunteering as a trapper for their TNR program. They are managing a huge feral colony, one of many, that has over 300 cats! It has feeding stations, shelters, and all sorts of things, basically like a feral kitty home away from home. That should be interesting to see! Sheila said they are in desperate need of trappers right now, they only have 3-4, so any help is welcome. Hopefully it will fit into my schedule, between class and the new job :D

Well, pics of Diva coming Monday!! ;)

Yay! She sounds sweet - can't wait for pics! :wub: Glad to hear she's had a positive personality change! Our dogs led very spoiled, sheltered lives as puppies and when we went on holidays, they spent their first stay back at their breeders with their family, so it was kinda like boot camp when they had to go to the kennel. :p It toughened them up!

Good luck with the volunteer work, and good on you!

Of course we care ! :D It's great news and I can just imagine how excited you are :fun:

Look forward to pics :wub:

i can understand that you are excited :yahoo: we were like that when are cat was in hospital and she was coming home its a great feeling i'm really pleased for you good look

The time is set for 4:30 Monday, just enough time for me to get off work and grab something to eat. EEEEEE! :hyper: :D

Still no cat. Monday the volunteer who was going to deliver her canceled (though she didn't say why...), and today Diva was coughing so they want to keep her a couple more days to medicate and monitor to make sure she doesn't get an URI.

Still no cat. Monday the volunteer who was going to deliver her canceled (though she didn't say why...), and today Diva was coughing so they want to keep her a couple more days to medicate and monitor to make sure she doesn't get an URI.

awww sorry to hear that, she'll be home and happy with you soon I'm sure :)

Most reactions

Back