Sharing My Tank And Some Fish

Akasha72

Warning - Mad Cory Woman
Reaction score
Hopefully I can remember how to share photo's here! So here goes ...

My Rio240

003_zpskwyouwhc.jpg

And my Rekord 800 (now broken down unfortunately)

006_zpsee938f34.jpg

And some of my fish ...

My lovely Smokey Blushing Angels - I have a male and female

006_zpsfd2bcaf6.jpg

Here's 'my boy' Laetacara Curviceps - my favourite fish by far. I have a female too but she just hides constantly

8058ee38-5c35-441f-9e3b-9c685e68b527_zps9f40b2a0.jpg

The newest arrivals - Nematobrycon Palmeri

017_zpsfc8fbed0.jpg

I have lots of cories - 8 peppered, 5 bronze, 3 melini and what started out as 4 panda's ... until these started turning up lol

019_zps5debec0d.jpg

and of course now I'm not certain how many panda cories I have cos they keep turning up! I think I may have 6 but there could be more ...

And I'll end this with the monsters ... the Siamese Algae Eaters 

010_zps8377241d.jpg

In fairness they have turned me from this ...
043_zps10385b31.jpg

To this .... but .... monster fish lol

003_zps1fcff08c.jpg

That's all for now folks :D

some of the fish photo bombing are no longer with me. I lost the marbled baby angel to Hexamita. The while platinum pearlscale was re-homed because she was trying to kill the smokies and the purple harlequins are now slowly dying off due to old age. 

Nice :)

Thanks for sharing ;)

Love emperor tetras, i have a soft spot for these and always wanted a largish shoal of these............one day I'll get a suitable tank for a decent number of these tetras ;)

they are lovely. I originally asked my lfs for emperor tetra's and got the Kerri type but what I wanted was the palmeri. My Kerri's are now down to just three males so this time I downloaded a photo of the palmeri and took it to the lfs to make sure I got the right type. I got just 5 to begin with as I'd read the males can be a bit aggressive. It turned out I had 4 males and 1 female so once they hit adult size she was constantly getting chased. My lfs got some more in just before xmas and so I reserved 5 females and asked them to fatten them up over xmas so my angels didn't see food when adding. So my shoal is now up to 10 and they seem happy ... nicely coloured up anyway.
The males have sorted out their territory and there is one male that seems to be more dominant but the aggression isn't as bad as I'd read ... I call it more bossy than aggressive. I love that bright blue eye on the males ... the females have green eyes (for those that didn't know :) ) I think provided the tank is well planted and large enough a good shoal of them is fine. But I think if my tank wasn't so heavy on the planting I'd be seeing a few fights breaking out  

I have 10 of these atm and I love watching them, seeing their colours change as they catch the light from different angles. Beautiful fish.

how are your with the aggression Munroco? Is it just a fallacy that they fight to the death? (that was what I'd read which was why I was a little wary)

thanks very much.... I'm rubbish at aqua-scaping but I had a go and I'm reasonably happy with what I've ended up with. The 240 was supposed to be a path way scape but it's grown in a lot and I've lost the pathway somewhere along the way but the fish seem to like having that open space and some shade to hide in to the sides so I'm just leaving it be now :)

Very little aggression. I have 4 males and 6 females, the males pose and occasionally chase each other but there is no harm done.

that's good thanks ... seems similar to what I'm seeing with mine. Perhaps the warning I read was a little over done. I've got 4 males and 6 females too so hopefully the ratio of more females to males will help with any aggression .... that was my thinking anyway when I increased the female ratio

My ratio was just luck. four to six or three to seven I think is about right. I see mine spawning in my community tank. Thinking of moving one or two of the males and all the females into a 3ft tank I'm (unsuccessfully) using to breed Apistos in.

I've seen the one adult female going around the plants with the male following ... I'm presuming she's egg scattering. The new one's are too young yet I think 

the palmeri's were definitely spawning last night and the newer females seemed to be getting involved aswell ... I'll have to keep my eyes peeled to see if I see any little one's turning up. They were darting in and out of the java fern that's tied to my wood so if they've layed eggs in there there might be a chance of the odd survivor... I'll let you all know if I find any ;)

Most reactions

Back