Sexing my Bristlenose

RyanDelmar

Reaction score
Excuse the baby apisto trying to photobomb but is anyone able to confirm if this is a female bristlenose I got them both around 6/7 months and the other bristlenose I got with it has large bristles both pics below

Attachments

• BAEE4ED6-8585-402C-92AB-61F0F375CE72.jpeg
    BAEE4ED6-8585-402C-92AB-61F0F375CE72.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 1,502
  • F708300F-D7C9-44B6-BA5C-DD45E8CBA36A.jpeg
    F708300F-D7C9-44B6-BA5C-DD45E8CBA36A.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 49
That pleco is a male. Females lack forehead bristles almost completely. A few individual females may have very minor bristles, but what you have is a proud and mature male.

That pleco is a male. Females lack forehead bristles almost completely. A few individual females may have very minor bristles, but what you have is a proud and mature male.
Thank you would you say they’re both males or as the other has small bristles that could be female?

First image looks like a female, the second is definately a male. Both are beautiful/handsome.
I have a pair of apistos in my tank with 2 sort of caves a coconut and Terra cotta one would they do or should I get a plec designed one

My male usually develops a redish spot about the size of a quarter on his head when he is ready to round up his mate. He's an albino but yours are light enough in color to be able to tell when your guy is feeling 💖

My male usually develops a redish spot about the size of a quarter on his head when he is ready to round up his mate. He's an albino but yours are light enough in color to be able to tell when your guy is feeling 💖
Thank you I will keep an eye out then

Most reactions

Back