Sev Aggression

Fishy412

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
lately my severum has been showing a lot of aggression towards my rainbow cichlid. he gets in liplock wars once or twice a day and just tore the rainbows fin. do you know what might be causing this? they get enough food. he did this for about a week but that was a few months ago and then stopped now its starting up again

its a 55 gallon tank and theyre both around the 4 inch mark. im planning on a new 37 gallon tank and if i go through with it they will be seperated but im not sure what to do now

Cichlids aren't friends and aggression is mostly inevitable unless you stock the tank 'fish store' style.

Cichlids aren't friends and aggression is mostly inevitable unless you stock the tank 'fish store' style.

im not stupid. i know that. but im not putting in a bunch of cichlids. anything smaller than my rainbow will get messed up and anything the size of my sev will mess it up. sevs arent that great at fighting. the tank is almost stocked "fish store" style but its mostly catfish and i have a bichir

my severum is normally peaceful. but this week hes been really agressive towards my rainbow. its happened once before but then they just go right back to being peaceful again. im just wondering what might be causing this.

Did you forget to feed them once or do a water change.. my fish get a little aggressive after water changes I think because it gets them in the mood for spawning.. sometimes when I forget to feed my fish they get a little aggressive..

If my fish ever start attacking another fish I move all the stuff in the tank around to get them to pay attention to something else... or I'll feed them when I see them getting a little crazy.

My Green Severum is only agressive when I feed everyone something that sinks. So he guards the area where the food is and attacks any other fish around his size that gets near it. For some odd reason however, he leaves smaller fish alone and they eat the food while he is. :lol:

I have 4 green Sevs and they paired off and live very happily at each end of my tank. Do you have a pair and if so are the gettin jiggy widdit? thats the only reason mine ever attack any of my others.
just a thought.

I have 4 green Sevs and they paired off and live very happily at each end of my tank. Do you have a pair and if so are the gettin jiggy widdit? thats the only reason mine ever attack any of my others.
just a thought.
no just 1. a male golden severum. i dont know why hes acting like this because it was a sudden change from one day to the next.

Most reactions

Back