Setting Up The Ultimate Fish Tank

markaj04

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of re-doing my bedroom, and I'm getting a new fish tank, 55gal long, and I wanna take my time and make this thing awesome! I plan on having a good amount of fish (15-20?) and I'd like to make the tank as nice as possible. (not cheap and junky looking). I plan on purchasing and using the moonlighting too. So, what do you guys think would be the perfect setup? Here's what I'm looking at doing now......

-55 gal tank
-matching stand
-moonlighting
-sand (not gravel)
-rocks, stacked. maybe no plants at all
-background? not sure
-fish, no idea yet. I'd like to get a Betta fish and try that. Or stick to having 1 Angel like I always have.

So tell me what you think could make it better! :D

The best thing to do is come up with the stock list you like then base the decor around what would complement the colours and requirements of the fish most.

I'm in the middle of re-doing my bedroom, and I'm getting a new fish tank, 55gal long, and I wanna take my time and make this thing awesome! I plan on having a good amount of fish (15-20?) and I'd like to make the tank as nice as possible. (not cheap and junky looking). I plan on purchasing and using the moonlighting too. So, what do you guys think would be the perfect setup? Here's what I'm looking at doing now......

-55 gal tank
-matching stand
-moonlighting
-sand (not gravel)
-rocks, stacked. maybe no plants at all
-background? not sure
-fish, no idea yet. I'd like to get a Betta fish and try that. Or stick to having 1 Angel like I always have.

So tell me what you think could make it better! :D

sounds like the perfect malawi cichlid tank.

There are many ways we can go about this....

A: Peaceful Community tank.

7x Glow light tetra,
7x Rummy nose tetra
7x Black neon tetra
7x Cardinal tetra
5x Roseline shark (Red line torpedo barb, ect).

HEAVILY PLANTED. Live plants suggusted.

B: More robust tank.

These will be more agressive guys...

2x Angel fish (find a pair that stick together)
1x Senegal Bichir
you could still do the roselines....

C: Brackish

Gobies and some puffers and such.

Most reactions

Back