Serpae Tetra Advice

Tankww2

Reaction score
I planing on getting a 55 gal the thing is i really like serpae tetras even though the nip fins. Im planning on getting a 55 gal with 7/8 hatchets 7/8 panda cories 7/10 serpae tetras or cardinal tetras and two siamese algae eaters. The thing is will the serpae's be a problem or will i have to get all the other fish first and the get the serpaes so the other fish have established their territory. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Note: if i do get serpaes they would be the long-finned version.

Thx for help! :good:

With those fish in those numbers, nipping serpeas wouldn't be a problem.

However I wouldn't expect the long-finned serpaes to stay long-finned for long, you may as well go for the regular kind :hey: .

However I wouldn't expect the long-finned serpaes to stay long-finned for long, you may as well go for the regular kind :hey: .

:lol: agree with that statement!
I've never kept them but a friend had them and they really were vicious little buggers, particulary fond of his black phantom tetras and opaline gourami. They didn't bother his corydoras though

are the siamese algae eaters actually siamese ones or chinese ones? I ask because chinese algae eaters get big but siamese flying foxes stay small by comparison. The siamese flying fox is grey with black lines running along the body. The chinese algae eater can be brown mottled or yellow or cream.

Most reactions

Back