Semi-Newb From Manchester!

Halo2928

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Dropped in to say hi and what an awesome fourm, Just going to get my fluval flora in which after its cycled plan to keep red cherry shrimp and some plants! .Not a total beginner as i have kept fish for several a long while (when i was young) but this is my first attempt to keep a actual aquarium properly!

Good morning and welcome! You are going to love the red cherry shrimp. I started a shrimp tank about a year ago. I had ordered some RCS for my neice and sister in law. They both gave me two shrimp. When I cleaned their tank last month, I tried to get a head count. By my estimation, I have 236 shrimp. Guess it's time to see if my lfs wants any. :good:

Afternoon Halo, I'm from Manchester too. I'm a newbie on here but I've been keeping tropical fish for about 40yrs. Have fun with yours :good:

Thanks for the welcome guys = ) , Im really looking forwards to the cherry shrimp. My tank should be coming today so i shall start a tank log!

Mischief, im in the stockport area, how about you?

:hi: Cherry Shrimp are so cool. I want some but nobody near me sells it. Instead I'm getting Ghost Shrimp :D.

:hi: Cherry Shrimp are so cool. I want some but nobody near me sells it. Instead I'm getting Ghost Shrimp :D.
Where are you at? I have literally tons of RCS. I'd send them to you for the price of shipping!

Thank you so much for your offer, but I currently can't get anything sent to me.

Thank you though, I really appreciate it :D.

I know, they just look so awesome and fun.Shops near me sell them but they are way overpriced (£4.50 each)! so im lucky if i can get 2 or 3 at the most = / . When i was 6, i used to keep ghost shrimps but they got eaten up by a fish that the the lfs said was "shrimp safe"

Hi Halo, I'm in South Manchester near Sale so not far from you. :good:

Hi also a newbie from Stockport too. I'm a full newbie with tropical though. Welcome :)

Most reactions

Back