🔍 Search upgraded at FishForums.net

veraderock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
We've upgraded the search at FishForums.net so you can now search for 3 letter words. This is especially handy for abbreviations and acronyms. Hope this small upgrade makes the search experience here just a little better.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

Can't recall ever really needing three letter words in a search but still very cool, Thanks. :)
I just tested it by wanting to do a search for Celestial Pearl Danios, and sure enough, typing in CPD brings up tons of threads, since people usually shorten it at least in the replies (I searched titles only). Lots of fish with three letter acronyms I think

Oh! and baby brine shrimp! Useful for search results. I'm sure lots of others I can't think of right now.

FOB… I used that abbreviation in a title before, for “Fresh out of bag”, and search found my thread before???

So people can now search for BBS, TDS, MTS, Red eyed tetras, red tailed sharks, and a host of other very popular fish. It seems like it's a few years late, but nice afterthought. Well done.
Can they search for pH, GH and KH yet?

So people can now search for BBS, TDS, MTS, Red eyed tetras, red tailed sharks, and a host of other very popular fish. It seems like it's a few years late, but nice afterthought. Well done.
Can they search for pH, GH and KH yet?
Looks like it from a quick test on my part.

Why were we not able to search three-letter words before? I guess I never noticed that limit.

Looks like it from a quick test on my part.

Why were we not able to search three-letter words before? I guess I never noticed that limit.

MySQL (the database software the site runs on) by default has a limit to 4 letter words for search. We are now using elastic search for the search engine, and it has different limitation.

Most reactions

Back