Sea Apple

jayphr99

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i bought a sea apple today. anyone got any advise onkeeping these

If I was being completely honest the only advice I would give is to get rid of it :/

A recent poll on UR had 86% of member who voted said they wouldnt take the risk, there have been quite a few posts on UR regarding wipeout due to this animal

:look:

Sea apples are filter feeders, catching planktonic and organic particals with their bushy tenticals.
Leaving their feeding to chance would be a mistake. They need to be intentionally fed on a regular
schedule. Because of the way it feeds it requires a heavy water flow.
They can be a danger to all livestock as they are able to evert their internal organs and despence the poison
holothurin.
LOOKING ON THE BRIGHT SIDE THOUGH. They are harmless to humans.

Sea apples are filter feeders, catching planktonic and organic particals with their bushy tenticals.
Leaving their feeding to chance would be a mistake. They need to be intentionally fed on a regular
schedule. Because of the way it feeds it requires a heavy water flow.
They can be a danger to all livestock as they are able to evert their internal organs and despence the poison
holothurin.
LOOKING ON THE BRIGHT SIDE THOUGH. They are harmless to humans.
what is best to feed them on and how. i currently put in phytoplankton liquid for corals and it said this is for all filter feeders is this true and is this the right stuff for them. if not what

Sea apples have a pretty potent toxin that can wipe out your whole tank of inhabitants. They require heavy feedings of phytoplankton (better have a really good skimmer on this tank) Better have enough mixed saltwater on hand and ready to do a huge water change of at least 75% if the sea apple decides it is stressed enough to release the toxins. This is NOT an animal to buy and THEN decide to to research on, Im giving it to you straight, please be a more responsible aquarist. These animals are better left in the ocean in my opinion.

Most reactions

Back