Scape Pictures

heavenly_d3vi1

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm having a complete imagination block, so thought maybe looking at everyone elses scapes may get my imagination on the move!! Even if it doesn't, it will still be an interesting thread!

Post your scape pictures please!

This is my 3x2x2 Reef, the reef plate on the bottom left allows for higher stacking but still keeps the bottom of the tank open. Lots of holes all the dark spots you can see are holes running from front to back, at night every single fish dissapears into the rock work. Except the Clowns of course which just sit in the back corner of the tank

GodivaMay2011.jpg

This is my 5x2x2 Fish Only 2 piles of LR open all the way round so plenty of swimming room. Taken a couple of months ago, a lot more fish and the branch is covered in coralline algae.

scape1.jpg

first of all i went for this as my first scape but didnt like the bridge and felt it restricted my already low lighting (t8's) plus the overall scape didnt allow for much of a sand area
centre.jpg

so then i went for two seperate bommies
fulltank.jpg

this is a work in progress so no corals to make it look nice yet

If this gains a lots of interest I'll add to the resource.

My old scape
2393fe72.jpg

My recent old scape
57de48db.jpg

And my current
80a6c737.jpg

I've had quite a lot of scapes, here are most of them, in chronological order (and no, I've never been happy with it :rolleyes: )
fishpictures033.jpg

DSC_5245.jpg

DSC_07252.jpg

DSC_0777.jpg

These are very good. I think it's a challenge to scape Marine systems. It must be aesthetic, yet also fill the needs of the coral and the other organisms you keep.

I look forward to this challenge. :)

Liz

These are very good. I think it's a challenge to scape Marine systems. It must be aesthetic, yet also fill the needs of the coral and the other organisms you keep.

I look forward to this challenge. :)

Liz
Darn straight it is :grr: Sooo much easier if you use dry rock and get it all attached the way you want it with zip ties ahead of time though. More stable too. (Unfortunately I didn't know this when I set up my 90 :unsure: )

Some really good scapes here! Can't wait to get some corals, makes them look so much better! Heres a pic of my latest, tho I'm still not completely happy with it yet!

271150_10150231269331875_577436874_7541349_5354074_n.jpg

Some really good scapes here! Can't wait to get some corals, makes them look so much better! Heres a pic of my latest, tho I'm still not completely happy with it yet!

271150_10150231269331875_577436874_7541349_5354074_n.jpg

In my humble opinion I think the bit on the right looks a bit artificial I always think putting flat pieces vertically looks a bit unnatural. Also don't be afraid to leave empty spaces the couple of bits in the middle might look better included in the pile or to extend the pile on the right towards the front of the tank?

IMG_0258.jpg

My piece of advice for you is this: Symmetrical is always bad, try and use the rule of thirds, there is a bit in the planted section that Liz wrote, I suggest you read it, it's a good piece of writing.

My piece of advice for you is this: Symmetrical is always bad, try and use the rule of thirds, there is a bit in the planted section that Liz wrote, I suggest you read it, it's a good piece of writing.

That's very kind of you, SBS. When I'm done with my scape, I don't mind doing an adaptation of the article that is geared more for SW. I'm by no means an expert, but I find I do the most learning when I have to write.

Liz

Thanks, it's a 90g, the second one was my favorite too, and if I hadn't lost my 2 biggest acro colonies, I would have kept it like that, but when I lost both of those and a few frags to red bugs, I decided that I was going to spread the coral out more, rather than have them grow close to each other, which turned out to be a horrible idea ( the 3rd pic), and then I tried to get it back to how it used to be (last pic), but just couldn't get it exactly back.

Most reactions

Back