Sand Update!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Braddah

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I got a wild hair today and started converting my 55 gal. to sand! I bought a thing of playground sand from lowes and rinsed i t for like 45min....(man that stunk) but I have a little over half the tank done and will leave it for a week or so....I took out 1/4 of the gravel and then piled the rest to one side... Now my peacock eel is not very happy about living in sand though so should I leave a bit of the gravel for him??? (its large polished stones not really gravel..)

I should bite the bullet and do the same thing. I had the perfect opportunity to do that this weekend too.

I would think that he would like the softer sand better the way they like to bury themselves in the substrate. Maybe it might take him some getting used to it?

I have been doing it also I only got 1/4 of my 55 gallon tank left. of course I have been at it for about 5 weeks. I am going to wait to finsh the rest till I get the money from one of my customers to pay me I should get that on tuesday or wednesday, and then it is just to get my fish, and let him go in the tank without my JD being in there rearange everything, let him set up a territory and then put my JD in there.

Most reactions

Back