Saltwater Fun

Flumpus

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Here are a few new pictures from tonight... First, our new daisy polyp rock.

165932188-M.jpg

Next up, our pearly jawfish looking a little angry that the starfish is invading his space.

165932655-M.jpg

Uh oh, the jawfish isn't happy... This isn't a great picture, but hopefully you can tell what's going on :) I normally wouldn't post something this blurry, but I think the content warrant an exception. And for the record, I don't believe any animals were harmed in the making of this photo.

165933005-M.jpg

And finally, our seahorse swimming along the front of the tank, trying to get all the attention he can.

165933423-M.jpg

165933758-M.jpg

Good luck on the starfish, no one is quite sure what they eat and very few, if any, ever survive past 6-9 months in captivity as they die of starvation.

jawfish looks good as ever.

Thanks for the comments everyone...

Andy, ya, I've heard that, I'm hoping I'll have a different experience, but who knows. I don't feel too bad buying one, because the store always has them, and from what I've seen, they're usually bought for tanks smaller than mine (and mine isn't even that big).

Great pics! I especially love the jawfish, they always look so grumpy. :wub:

They look really great. What other fish do you have in there now?

They look really great. What other fish do you have in there now?

Along with the jawfish and seahorse, I've got a sixline wrasse and citrine goby. I'll probably add a firefish, maybe another seahorse after a while.

Here's a full tank shot.

166238312-L.jpg

i watched a thing on discovery channel and that starfish was on it.it ate other smaller starfish.it was cool.the ones it ate were like delicate starfish or suttin.they were red and reall skinny.

great pictures though.

I'm pretty sure that was a different star fish... This one is supposed to eat a very thing layer of algae, that you can't really see, and only tanks that have been up at least six months have. We'll see how long that lasts... But anyway, I did see something on Discovery that had a very large starfish that ate brittle stars, not sure if that's what you're talking about.

yeah thats what im talking about.looked just like ur starfish though if i remember correctly.probly hjust related species though.

Beautiful tank! Someday, when I'm not paying college loans, I'm gonna spring for saltwater. :p

Most reactions

Back