Salt tolerant?

Malt_Vinegar

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Are my fish ,dwarf gourami, neons, danios, and a betta salt tolerant.

As my gourami seems to have 3 or 4 little white spots on his front fins. I have upped the temp to 29 degrees from 25 and want to add some salt, i dont want to use medicines, as they kill nice tank bacteria?

Willit be ok to add salt, and how much should i add to an 8.5 uk gallow tank?

I also found a load of pond treatment stuff in my shed.

One product is "safe water" - Safewater effectively consumes the pollution and waste that builds up in ponds. Any ammonia or excess waste in ponds will cause distress and other problems for fish. - Will this help my uncycled tank, and keep the fish happy till its sorted.

I also have an anti parasite treatment, it says it treats Ichthyopthirius and other diseases however, worryingly it says it contains formaldahyde!!! Will this harm my fish? its a 5 day treatment

Am i simply jumping the gun, could the tiny white spots just be markings on the gouramis front fins? They are nowhere else on the fish?

At this point you don't know you have a problem, so why introduce anything that might give you one? Good Ich remedies will not kill off your filter bacteria. I never use salt in freshwater tanks.

Did you say your tank is uncycled? How many fish are in there now? I'm curious about the ammonia and nitrites and pH as well. I'm a bit concerned that your tank may be overloaded, which could potentially be the larger issue if your fish are stressed out...

Far too many, i was led on a merry dance by my lps

They said to set the tank up for a day or so, then introduce fish, and then sold me 8 neons ( asked for 6, they gave me 8 and said it was fine), a dwarf gourami male, a betta and 2 leopard danios. (i used a nutrafin decholrinator, and a biological aquarium supplement)

i know this is a problem, so i introduced live plants (which i understand is good), and am trying to find ways to help my fish through what is gunna be a tough time for them :(

Could i use my fish pond for anything? Could i seed my tank with stuff from there? (its been well established for over 10 years)

Im clutching at straws here, but im afraid i might lose my fish

Most reactions

Back