Saintlys Iwagumi Journal. Part 2

Wow, lots of growth been happening since i was last on.

I know, right? Still like the original hardscape. :lol: That glosso field is going to be great once it fills in. I'm a little concerned about potential algae problems once you begin dosing, especially since you have a nutrient-rich substrate, as the tank is still quite new, but only time will tell.

Beautiful tank, a lot of potential. Good call on the move. I'm a clutz, so a tank next to a flight of stares would not be such a great idea in my house. Aren't hardwood floors a blessing? I have tile and have to deal with grout space, but it still takes me less than half an hour to move a tank across a room.

llj

I really like the scape you've made, it's very pleasing. The cardinals look great too, and nice photos. All in all, great stuff!

thanks aaron,million and everyone else :rolleyes:

aaron, did you end up sorting your bga prob out?

you'll all get me thinkin i can actualy do this planted tank thing :lol: . i looked at a pic of my first ever attemp (last summer) it's amazing how much you can learn from the web!

anyway lljdma06, thanks my friend, yes wooden floors are brill! and yes i thought of the pitfalls involved in ferting. it's going to be a slow introduction, but thats the beauty of nutrient rich substrate?...you can afford to be more lean on dosing without the plants suffering. so, 2ml daily to begin with and up it over the weeks.
maybe i can try the scape you liked in my new adveture with the opti white glass :drool: i reckon im gona try hc with that one. still iwagumi because it's the kinda thing im into at the mo.just without the vallis.
actualy my vallis's are spreading like wild fire. would i be best in just cuuting them? otherewise its going to be a vallis tank.

my first ever planted tank!

6th june 2007

DONT LAUGH! :lol:

Picture_303.jpg

You have come a long way from where you started.
Your tank is looking great, and I love the tetras. :good:

You've come a long way eh! So there's hope for us self taught aquascapers then :D

well after a week of dosing heres what it looks like at the mo.

i know its similar to other pics but this is some great growth this week. i gave the hairgrass a cut too.

_MG_9252_01.jpg

_MG_9246_01.jpg

_MG_9235_01.jpg

_MG_9263_01.jpg

_MG_9233_01.jpg

It looks rubbish! I hate you! *not jealous at all ;)

Looking better by the day! Nice to see some fish in there

cheers guys,

tomorow is a triming day for the glosso. i've trimed constantly in my nano and its grown real tight.

i've also ordered my new tank 60 x 30 x 36 opti-white arcadia luminaire 4 x 24w t5 ada aquasoil amazon, so look out for a new journal.

i reckon im going for a riccia based theme, not sure yet. i have tons of the stuff now so we'll say how my mood takes me.

arronc, you make me smile my friend :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back