Rtbs

females are more rounded than the males

there seems to be some err, disagreement on how to sex these guys.

however, females can have a greyer belly, be generally duller in colour, often slimmer, but bigger than the male and it is said that the male has a pointed dorsal fin, whilst the female has a right angle return to the body.

not sure if that helps!

I'm with boboboy.

There is no way that I've ever heard of to sex rtbs but what was given above can be used in general but not a for sure way to tell.

guess you wait till you see which one lays the eggs. which was what i was going to post first off, :crazy: however i decided something more helpful may be in order. :hyper:

guess you wait till you see which one lays the eggs. which was what i was going to post first off, :crazy: however i decided something more helpful may be in order. :hyper:

I was agreeing with you. :) Sorry if it didn't come out right.

As far as waiting and seeing who drops the eggs, you bring up a good point. Have rtbs ever bred in captivity? I never thought about it before but I wonder if they're like some piranhas I have that are so territorial they can't stand anything else around long enough to breed. rtbs are pretty nasty buggers to anything that resembles them.

Anyone know if they breed in captivity?

Most reactions

Back