Rosy Tetras?

Paws&Fins

Reaction score
I'm so excited, I just bought 110g tank off Craigslist!!! It is stocked but needs major cleaning.
What products do I use to clean the scale off the glass?
I'm pretty sure the fish in the picture are Rosy Tetras and Glo Tetras. My quarantine tank has a Betta in it. Will these fish nip at him? I was told there are a couple of Loaches (solid black but I didn't see them). Will they be ok with the Betta till I can get the tank clean (probably a few days).
Resized_20210417_132428_20210417_132553.jpeg

Glo tetras are skirt/widow tetras which are known fin nippers. I would not trust them with a betta.

Not sure if the other fish are Columbian tetras, (another fin nipper).

Use a single sided razorblade to scrape gunk off the glass.
You can soak coverglass in vinegar overnight and then scrape that with the single sided razorblade too. Then rinse with tap water.

Not sure if the other fish are Columbian tetras, (another fin nipper).

Use a single sided razorblade to scrape gunk off the glass.
You can soak coverglass in vinegar overnight and then scrape that with the single sided razorblade too. Then rinse with tap water.
Thank you! Sounds like my Betta might spend a few days in a bucket with a heater and bubbler until I can get the new tank clean and running. Fortunately I can use water from my 75 gallon to get it up and running quickly. Once it is settled I am putting a sponge in it for good bacteria collection!

Most reactions

Back