Rimless Braceless Optiwhite™ 24X18X18 Build

some nice corals! cat would do better in slightly deeper sand imo! if you dont want to add more, try a clear cup and fill that with sand so you can sink the skeleton right in

I did read they prefer to have their skeleton in the sand. Why is this? Maybe ill try and put some more in, just around the back of the cat.

Cheers

I have had the whole week off and it has not been good for my wallet. I havent been able to stop myself buying corals. I went to The reef Shack again today, great place with some new LPS in :lol: . I was a big kid in a candy shop. I picked up a trachy, small fungia and a silver montipora digita frag. That now with the 2 zoa frags, 1 chalice and 2 small zoas colonies I picked up earlier in the week doesnt leave much room left in my little tank :fun:

Some pics and again I apologize for the quality of the photos, I cant seem to get to grips with the camera and it doesnt show the real colour quality some of these corals possess. These shots show how the tank currently stands now, making progress and slowly getting where I want it to be.

Trachy

DSCF1942.jpg

Chalice frag

DSCF1939.jpg

Small Fungia

DSCF1938.jpg

Orange Zoas Frag

DSCF1945.jpg

Green/Yellow zoas

DSCF1946.jpg

Green/Red zoas

DSCF1947.jpg

Digi Frag

DSCF1951.jpg

My hammer, nothing special but I am actually proud of the way it looks. It was close to death not long ago.

DSCF1952.jpg

FTS's

DSCF1950.jpg

DSCF1949.jpg

I will try do a video at some point to show the real colours of some of the corals.

On a side note, I have had my first fish loss. One of my chalk bass decided to take a jump out of the tank during the night. I found him dried up on the carpet in the morining, feel really bad about it but that is the risk I take having an open-top tank with the fish I have.

Any input welcome, cheers.

Great looking tank mate, sorry to hear about your loss :( i notice you have your hammer in with other corals close by. Does it not sting the other corals? i have read everywhere not to have it close to anything!

Wow looks amazing without highjacking the thread what are the zoos (is there a specific name) for the green edged orange centred zoas next to to orange zoas ? I have the same and are they expensive / common?

Mad couple of days with the tank. BTA has decided he wanted a wander. He moved from the bottom and decided he would sit on the top right piece of the rockwork. I had to keep moving corals while he was moving :crazy: . He then looked really unhappy, quite close to direct powerhead flow. He has now decided this evening that his old spot was quite nice and therefore has made his way back there. I just hope he now stays there :huh:

I am still very pleased with how the corals are looking, especially with the problems I had prior to the tank change and holding tub period. I have now managed to stabilize my Cal, Mag and Kh through balling lite. Now the plan is to get a doser to make my life a bit easier. I am curently having to dose 6 things into my tank daily :/. I am hoping to get a Marine Magic doser as they have got a new one coming out soon, looks promising, especially for the price.

Great looking tank mate, sorry to hear about your loss :( i notice you have your hammer in with other corals close by. Does it not sting the other corals? i have read everywhere not to have it close to anything!

Cheers, I suppose it is just one of them things that happen from time to time. My hammer hasnt seemed to bother pther corals so far. They are only next to zoas so I hope they wont effect one another. I once read that you can put softies like zoas next to LPS without an effect but dont know how true that is.

Wow looks amazing without highjacking the thread what are the zoos (is there a specific name) for the green edged orange centred zoas next to to orange zoas ? I have the same and are they expensive / common?

Dont know to be honest mate, I dont think they are too common but definetely not one of the rare variety. I have another small colony that is very similair to them. I do have a few frags I cut the other day, maybe I will sell them on here if people are interested.

Cheers

I'm sure people would be interested James - by the way, the tank is looking fab

Seffie x

Not much to report on the tank other than it is ticking over nicely. Corals all seem to be doing okay but I am not getting really any growth at the moment and cant work out why, I thought the LEDs would be plenty at this depth.

Little issue with my BTA though, he hasnt eaten for a while. With all the moving about it hasnt been easy and then when I have tried to feed him the clowns get in the way or eat/move the food or he just doesnt take it. Has anyone got any ideas/input?

Also got a couple of pics of my Cat and how well it has improved, it must be them Red Sea products I am using ;) (for Seffie :D )

How it used to be:

DSCF1830.jpg

How it is now:

DSCF1967.jpg

DSCF1962.jpg

DSCF1966.jpg

I'm sure people would be interested James - by the way, the tank is looking fab

Seffie x

About what, the doser? Heard some more off of them today about it and it looks promising. I will let you guys know what it is like when I get one.

Cheers

Mad couple of days with the tank. BTA has decided he wanted a wander. He moved from the bottom and decided he would sit on the top right piece of the rockwork. I had to keep moving corals while he was moving :crazy: . He then looked really unhappy, quite close to direct powerhead flow. He has now decided this evening that his old spot was quite nice and therefore has made his way back there. I just hope he now stays there :huh:

I am still very pleased with how the corals are looking, especially with the problems I had prior to the tank change and holding tub period. I have now managed to stabilize my Cal, Mag and Kh through balling lite. Now the plan is to get a doser to make my life a bit easier. I am curently having to dose 6 things into my tank daily :/. I am hoping to get a Marine Magic doser as they have got a new one coming out soon, looks promising, especially for the price.

Cheers, I suppose it is just one of them things that happen from time to time. My hammer hasnt seemed to bother pther corals so far. They are only next to zoas so I hope they wont effect one another. I once read that you can put softies like zoas next to LPS without an effect but dont know how true that is.

Dont know to be honest mate, I dont think they are too common but definetely not one of the rare variety. I have another small colony that is very similair to them. I do have a few frags I cut the other day, maybe I will sell them on here if people are interested.

Cheers

I will take some frags off your hands mate aslong as there not to difficult to keep :good:

told you your cat was ok didnt i mate :) well done.

I will take some frags off your hands mate aslong as there not to difficult to keep :good:

Where abouts are you bud? Zoas are dead easy, light and flow and they do the rest. Obviously still need the basic needs of all of corals as low No3, low Po4 and good levles of Kh, Cal and Mag.

told you your cat was ok didnt i mate :) well done.

You sure did, cheers. I am very happy with the way it is now. Only problem being that it is now quite large and it may be getting too big for the tank/scape. Going to have a think about selling it.

Cheers

WHAT! you get a healthy cat and you wanna sell it? rescape man! please for the love of all that is salty.

Haha, fair point. Maybe a re-scape would be more sensible. It is after all probably my favourite coral, maybe just a mad moment. I just hate scaping! I know it looks good but there isnt much room for coral placement, wish I had done a rockwall on the back and right wall now.

I just need to think.

well rescape then mate, its your tank! make it be what you want it to be.

Do you like scaping? I hate it, nothing goes where you want it, you stir everything up its a royal pain in the bum. I shall have a big think about it though, I just cant stand it.

Most reactions

Back