Rimless Braceless Optiwhite™ 24X18X18 Build

Have you been target feeding your cat? If not a bit of grub should cheer him up mucker :)

Try adding amino acids first to trigger a feed response

Thanks for the help, I am currently dosing Red Sea Reef Energy A&B so that should trigger some kind of feeding response surely? Ill just keep trying to get him to feed in the hope he picks up.

Cheers

Red sea energy A contains amino's I think... Try feeding after lights out.

Sounds like the A & B are not having much of an effect? I was thinking of buying them, do you reccomend?

Hi Seffie, they have actually had a huge effect. I wish post pics of the coral in question and you can see how much better it looks. I still havent bhad a chance to target feed it with mysis or anything like that too. I would definetely reccommend the Red Sea products.

Cheers

Woohoo piccy's!.....looking good mate! Looks really natural in there!

How's the cat coming along mate!

Well that perfect place I found for the BTA didnt work, it has moved to the back of the tank :sad: Ill see what it does but I hope it ends up in a good place. On a side note, I came in from work earlier and the tank looked better than normal (corals). I then realise my skimmer wasnt on as I turn it off for 15 mins after I dose Reef Energy. It makes me wonder whether it would be better for the corals to run skimmerless but the Red Sea No3Po4-x needs a skimmer.

Cool, on your head be it :p I'm away to buy some

:blink: Ill watch my back incase im wrong :lol:

I personally have been impressed so far with it but we'll see, still early days.

Woohoo piccy's!.....looking good mate! Looks really natural in there!

How's the cat coming along mate!

Cheers mate. Its looking okay, just about to try and give it a feed.

Man I really need to keep up with the updates, so much to report. Well the scape has changed but only slightly. This was down to the fact that the anenome decided to have a wander and has now found a place in the bottom right hand corner of the tank. Where he was looked a bit bare so I threw in an extra piece of live rock, seems to go well with the scape I had in mind :good:

Also a big change in the corals of late, especially the Cat. It looks amazing, nearly back to its former self. (This bit is for Seffie) I think its down to the Red Sea Products I am using ;)

I also bought some new corals too, 4 lots of zoas and a snake skin mycedium chalice frag. The zoas were lunar eclipse (blue and orange frag), pink (frag), green with yellowish centre (small colony) and red with green centre (small colony). I decided to frag some of the ones I already had too while I was there so I have a few zoas frags darted round the tank now. Will try and throw up some pics later.

I also have some older vids/pics to upload from before which I will try to do later too. Hopefully all in order so you can see how the tank had developed.

I have just started to get some diatoms on the sand and rock but I am hoping this will burn out quickly as I hate the stuff. Managed not to get any on my last 2 setups. Think thats it for now,

Cheers

Looking really good James, glad the cat is making a recovery!

How do you rate ND aquatics? I'm looking to potentially place an order with them so wonder how pleased you are over all? Can I ask if they took a deposit or full amount up front? (PM if you're not happy to say here)

Simon

Thanks, the Cat looks better and better each passing day.

I have been very happy with ND aquatics, the tank and the service. I spoke to them about excactly what I wanted and they certainly delivered it. Good quality build and atm I just cant fault it. When you order the tank you pay a %50 deposit and then pay the other half when the tank is ready for delivery.

On a side note, I know there are manufacturers/shops that could have done the same tank and probably known for better quality but the next nearest quote was near £600. A big difference and in my eyes I cannot see where the extra £200 would have been spent on a difference in quality. For the money its excellent.

Hope that helps.

Here are some snaps of how the tank has progressed recently. Sorry for the quality, taken on phone.

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

A little bit better

IMAG0211.jpg

FTS but please note this is before the slight change. Just thought I would put these up to show how the tank had been developing. Its me lacking with my updates :blush:

IMAG0172.jpg

A couple of video links. Before the anemone went for a walk

This one is with the BTA in the middle of the tank, still not where it is now :lol:

Will try to throw another update up later of how the tank currently stands, cheers.

Most reactions

Back