Riickyomd - Catfish W/ Huge Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiiCKYOMD

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have fairly large gravel, like the big 5mm stones rather than a sand substance or small gravel. Would this be irritating to the cafish/plecos etc if I was to get a bottom feeder fish. I don't really want my bottom fish to be irritated or hurt in anyway way.

Also another thing, with a juwel 190... are they easy to upkeep (i have a 10gallon but for x-mas im getting a 190) and do you think they are a good size tank. Because most tanks ive seen are long and thin. Not sure really about decent tanks

Edit: Thanks for posting anyone :D

Taara you dont know what our talking about
5 slver tipped tetra in 12 gallon.. :S
1 male betta in 5 gallon :S

whatever

as I said in PM,
you stated when you first stated here you have X amount of fish and were told it's overstocked,
unless you removed some of your fish , your still overstocked, *I can only assume you did*
as you wouldn't lie because thats just silly,

and regarding the gravel as long as its rounded and no sharp edges it should be fine.

I can make a recommendation of chilling out and reading some before posting,
you learn better researching yourself than being handed it on a plate * I don't mean that offensively just being honest on how I'm learning best*

and Don't just take into consideration on how small the fish is,
Find out how much Waste it produces. as the vast amount of waste is normally the killer for an overstocked tank.

and if your looking at a Pleco have you even considered how large they grow?

as I said in PM,
you stated when you first stated here you have X amount of fish and were told it's overstocked,
unless you removed some of your fish , your still overstocked, *I can only assume you did*
as you wouldn't lie because thats just silly,

and regarding the gravel as long as its rounded and no sharp edges it should be fine.

I can make a recommendation of chilling out and reading some before posting,
you learn better researching yourself than being handed it on a plate * I don't mean that offensively just being honest on how I'm learning best*

In the best itnerets for anyone that actually likes me and thinks im understocked with once again 5 SILVER TIPPED TETRA AND 1 MALE BETTA TETRAS IN 12 GALLON AND BETTA IN 5 GALLON

this is not overstocked at all ...
with very regular water changes and double filteration... i think my tank is ok

please tell em where i stated i had x amount of fish because somehow i cant see it myself and i would not claim to have fish i havent

I know how big plecos get thats why I mentioend maybe a panda cory which grows small

I'm not going to sift through Old posts
and I'm certainly not getting into a large argument about this.

Other posters have mentioned about your previous posts in one of your many other threads.
and Tamaras post mentioned your stock as previously you said you had a specific amount of fish and other users declared that overstocked,
If its currently overstocked or not is irrelevant as I'm saying,

as long as your gravel is rounded and not sharp it should be okay,
BUT you couldn't get a pleco as they grow very LARGE and produce Vast waste.

you could consider 3 Dwarf otocinclus, but being algae eater they make ALOT of mess and would probably clean your tank in no time, thus leaving you to feed Romanian lettuce or cucumber.

You could probably fit 12 little tetras into your tank but you must cycle it first

Ohh so the same girl that said I had x amount of fish in my tank is a liar someone show me this 'thread' where i said i had loads of fish :S?

and tamara? 12 tetras would be overstocked if you think 5 silvertipped tetras are surely?

Cories need to be in groups. If you reallly wanted them, you'd have to get pygmy cories, but after that you couldn't get any more fish as the tank would be overstocked with any more.
What I suggest getting for your tank are a couple (1-2) male livebearers, preferably guppies since they stay on the small side and no bottom dwellers. Guppies are nice and bright, pretty small, and don't need to be in groups (although you'd probably have room for 1-2).
I suggest you don't get females though because they have too many babies and you'd have to find homes for loads of guppies, and they store sperm so even without a male you could have babies for months! Also, the males are much prettier, they come in loads of coulors.
You are not overstocked imo, but close to fully stocked so after a couple more fish, such as the guppies, you'd have no more room.

Mate this is childish,
you can easily edit posts,
Many people are under the suspicion you were overstocked,
JUST DO SOME READING, best to learn from finding it yourself,
you make topics non stop

what the difference between marine/freshwater
whats a pleco
how big is my tank in gallons,

the list is endless,
it's easy to find out on google the pinned topics have almost every piece of information you want,
the top left has a link
http://www.fishforever.co.uk/, <-- Link to left full of information check it out,

and why start on tamara leave her alone,

Ermm.. on msn tamara was incredibly rude... Calling me an english #####. Racist Im sure consideirng she is canandian?

I dont like tamara she dont like me.. Its all good

Wow, this thread has really gone off-topic :S
I think it's time to go back to the original topic and discuss anything personal through pm's...

Ermm.. on msn tamara was incredibly rude... Calling me an english #####. Racist Im sure consideirng she is canandian?I dont like tamara she dont like me.. Its all good
I do not appreciate people adding me on msn, especially without asking and i really don't appreciate it when they're rude to me.I love english people, i'm best friends with an english girl, so i don't know where you actually got the english ##### from.i don't even know a 5 lettered word that could go after that. and i can asure you, i'm definetly not racist. and this is a fish forum, so why start this?
You could probably fit 12 little tetras into your tank but you must cycle it first
Ohh so the same girl that said I had x amount of fish in my tank is a liar someone show me this 'thread' where i said i had loads of fish :S?and tamara? 12 tetras would be overstocked if you think 5 silvertipped tetras are surely?
Please give me a direct link to where i've said that.And i'm sure that when i said little tetras, i meant ones of inch in size. so 12" worth of fish fits into 12 gallons of water. That is not overstocked. So i don't know what you're trying to start here.
Mate this is childish,you can easily edit posts,Many people are under the suspicion you were overstocked,JUST DO SOME READING, best to learn from finding it yourself,you make topics non stopwhat the difference between marine/freshwaterwhats a plecohow big is my tank in gallons,the list is endless,it's easy to find out on google the pinned topics have almost every piece of information you want,the top left has a linkhttp://www.fishforever.co.uk/, <-- Link to left full of information check it out,and why start on tamara leave her alone,
Thank you ShoC, i don't know what's really going on here anymore.Every topic has been going way off track now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back