Returning Fishkeeper

Widdy1961

Reaction score
Hello
Just getting back into Freshwater Fish Keeping after many years away.
In the late 70’s, early 80’s my parents were keen Aquarists and were members of our local Aquarist Society, so I learned a few things back then and had my own 4’ Aquarium in which I bred some Green Severum Cichlids, my parents had an 8’ community tank 😮
I had a Juwel 180 Litre Tank for a while after getting married but it spent most of it’s time empty and I ended up giving it to my daughter.

Now I’ve hit 60, I have the bug again and have started out with a Fluval Roma 125, as we now live in a small bungalow, it’s more or less the biggest we can accommodate, so it’s now sat Fishless Cycling, swapped out the heater and filter that came with it for a Fluval E Series 200w heater and a Fluval 207 Canister Filter.

I will be posting on the help section shortly, as loads of things have changed/improved since I last kept Fish but I’m sure someone can educate me, even at my age.

looking forward to increasing my knowledge and hopefully being able to help others too.
Cheers
Stu

Welcome. I'm in the same boat. Many years away after having FW tanks and a reef tank.
I'll be watching your questions.

I have the bug again and have started out with a Fluval Roma 125
Hi Stu and :hi: to the forum, you'll like it here :good:

I have the Fluval Roma 200 but kept the U4 internal filter and purchased a U2 for pressure but sadly that will be going soon 😬 but been a brilliant tank while i've had it.

Hello
Just getting back into Freshwater Fish Keeping after many years away.
In the late 70’s, early 80’s my parents were keen Aquarists and were members of our local Aquarist Society, so I learned a few things back then and had my own 4’ Aquarium in which I bred some Green Severum Cichlids, my parents had an 8’ community tank 😮
I had a Juwel 180 Litre Tank for a while after getting married but it spent most of it’s time empty and I ended up giving it to my daughter.

Now I’ve hit 60, I have the bug again and have started out with a Fluval Roma 125, as we now live in a small bungalow, it’s more or less the biggest we can accommodate, so it’s now sat Fishless Cycling, swapped out the heater and filter that came with it for a Fluval E Series 200w heater and a Fluval 207 Canister Filter.

I will be posting on the help section shortly, as loads of things have changed/improved since I last kept Fish but I’m sure someone can educate me, even at my age.

looking forward to increasing my knowledge and hopefully being able to help others too.
Cheers
Stu
Welcome.
I'm back after a 13-year hiatus and was quite surprised at the changes in the hobby, some welcome, some not so.

Most reactions

Back