Resun Air Pump Too Noisy, I Need Silence

mystic.bertie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i just bought a full malaiw set up complete with fish, the air pump is a 'resun' double outlet thing, its so noisy, if i want something really quiet for my tank do i need to buy an expensive air pump or is there a way of making this thing quiet ie in some sort of enclosure, i have a cupboard near by is it worth shoving it in there ?

also how can i create lots of bubbles without making too much noise in the tank, i currently have an air curtain 3ft and its quiet and creates gentle bubbles with little noise, am i best sticking with this or is there another way of creating lots more bubbles without the noise.

i just bought a full malaiw set up complete with fish, the air pump is a 'resun' double outlet thing, its so noisy, if i want something really quiet for my tank do i need to buy an expensive air pump or is there a way of making this thing quiet ie in some sort of enclosure, i have a cupboard near by is it worth shoving it in there ?

also how can i create lots of bubbles without making too much noise in the tank, i currently have an air curtain 3ft and its quiet and creates gentle bubbles with little noise, am i best sticking with this or is there another way of creating lots more bubbles without the noise.

there was a rubber foot missing snd air was leaking thru the hole, i sealed it off and i have suspended the pump using a rubber band and its turned out pretty quiet after all :good:

Most reactions

Back