FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Attention: Aquarium hobbyists!

The University of Washington is conducting a research study that aims to better understand the behaviors of aquarists who live in the United States. As lifelong aquarium hobbyists ourselves we are very interested in hearing from you! The brief survey will take no more than 5 minutes of your time and involves a series of simple questions regarding what type of organisms you own, whether you breed and/or exchange organisms, and what you do with unwanted organisms.

All responses are confidential and anonymous. Only complete this survey if you live in the United States. Please complete the survey as soon as possible

Thank you so much for supporting this research.

Keegan Bach (Undergraduate student)

Julian Olden (Professor)

School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA USA

Please access the survey at this link: https://forms.gle/PxL8LbHEHfVmMrus9
FDA62616-65CC-4A97-8B91-8FA0B6A7FFEA.jpeg

Attention: Aquarium hobbyists!

The University of Washington is conducting a research study that aims to better understand the behaviors of aquarists who live in the United States. As lifelong aquarium hobbyists ourselves we are very interested in hearing from you! The brief survey will take no more than 5 minutes of your time and involves a series of simple questions regarding what type of organisms you own, whether you breed and/or exchange organisms, and what you do with unwanted organisms.

All responses are confidential and anonymous. Only complete this survey if you live in the United States. Please complete the survey as soon as possible

Thank you so much for supporting this research.

Keegan Bach (Undergraduate student)

Julian Olden (Professor)

School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA USA

Please access the survey at this link: https://forms.gle/PxL8LbHEHfVmMrus9View attachment 336418
I'd consider it IF the survey was hosted on u of w website. being on a third party site who knows what that link goes to despite what the text might suggest.

There are no questions in the link that requires your personal information. The only personal info is your email address. Everything else is just tick a box for this, this or this. It's pretty simple and straight forward. I'm assuming they are looking into unwanted fishes being released into natural waterways.

There are no questions in the link that requires your personal information. The only personal info is your email address. Everything else is just tick a box for this, this or this. It's pretty simple and straight forward. I'm assuming they are looking into unwanted fishes being released into natural waterways.
That’s exactly it!

I'd consider it IF the survey was hosted on u of w website. being on a third party site who knows what that link goes to despite what the text might suggest.
I absolutely understand your hesitation. It’s done by a student and professor as a research project, they aren’t able to host it on the website. Most students use third party sites for research project surveys :)

I filled it out. Nowhere did I get asked for my email?????????

Over the years I have participated in a few such surveys. I have never gotten spam back, emails or anything else. There is a better chance this site will sell your information than any of he research syrveys on keeping fish I have filled out. None of them asked me for my email or orhter personal information beyond my age and maybe my sex.

The survey basically asked me for only two somewhat personal information which would be of no use for advertising etc. They asked in what state I lived and my age.

edited to add for in the last paragraph

Last edited:
Definitely gotta do this!

It's a Google docs based site. Which is a free-to-use platform where you can make polls and small questionnaires.
It's nothing that will be harmful. It's just easy to use for the person making it and for the person answering

Most reactions

Back