Replacement air valve

nabster

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a long time owner of the biUbe 9-Gallon Aquarium (606347).

While cleaning the tank a couple years ago, the plastic valve (I believe the part # is CRM:0189095) that connects to my air pipe snapped (pictures attached).

I've been holding onto this aquarium and all the accessories, which are generally in mint condition, hoping to find a replacement for this one tiny valve. I've emailed biorb/oase, but they were no help saying it is a long discontinued model.

Any suggestions on replacements for this part; OEM / generic solutions? I would also be open to 3D printing it but have no idea what is involved in doing that (e.g., specs to ensure a tight seal around the tank and tube).

Thanks all!

Attachments

• 20220501_182845 (1).jpg
    20220501_182845 (1).jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220501_182831 (1).jpg
    20220501_182831 (1).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Technically it looks like a reducer… not actually a valve… Looks like 1/2 inch ntp threads to 1/8 inch barbed… if that’s what it is, I can buy those in plastic or brass from my local Ace hardware

Technically it looks like a reducer… not actually a valve… Looks like 1/2 inch ntp threads to 1/8 inch barbed… if that’s what it is, I can buy those in plastic or brass from my local Ace hardware

The nipple that the blue hose (in the attached picture) connects to is broken.

Since I cannot see through it, I figured it is a one way valve to stop water from back flowing into the air pump.

Attachments

• IMG_7685.JPG
    IMG_7685.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7685.JPG
    IMG_7685.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 9
I’m not at all familiar with the set up, just looking at the part.. if there was a check valve there, you could use any number of in line check valve’s for air lines

Last edited:
If it’s 3/8, instead of half inch, something like this is available

If it’s smaller than I thought… this one is clear plastic, and may have been what they used in the 1st place???

If it’s 3/8, instead of half inch, something like this is available

If it’s smaller than I thought… this one is clear plastic, and may have been what they used in the 1st place???
YES, the first one of these looks like it might work!

I've got to compare the exact measurements to see if it will do the trick.

Most reactions

Back