Repair Or Discard

Fish are friends

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi everyone, need some advice. My jewel 90ltr tank is leaking from the front seam (again) I have repaired it twice following the repair guide here. I was wondering if it would be better if I got rid of it and saved for a bigger better tank or should I try repair it again but this time remove the entire seam and replace all the silicone.

I did remove all the old silicone for about 1 inch either side of the leak. Cleaned it with white vinigar, rinced it and dried it thoroughly. Then added the new silicone trying to push silicone between the 2 pieces of glass. Let it dry for about a week then added 28 liters of water and alas a leak... Grrrrr

You sound as if you are half convinced to move onto a bigger tank, so go for it.

Tom

You sound as if you are half convinced to move onto a bigger tank, so go for it.

Tom

you obviously know the signs.. well its done... i went online and found a nice 5 ft tank and it comes with a stand and a fluval 405 plus 2 x 11 inch plecos. so have a few days to find the space for it!
100039534.jpg

great excuse for a new tank lol. looks like uv got a decent new tank there

looks like Pea soup... would need one mother of a filter to keep up with those 2 poop machines though

Well I have asked them to leave the filter as is and remove the water and just leave enough for the fish to survive the car journey. Might get rid of one but ill wait till I pick the tank up..

you wont be moving that tank with any water in it, i can tell you that for nothing :) get a poly box to put the fish in and drain the tank and scoop out the gravel.

Besides the weight issue, moving a tank other than empty puts stress on the glass & seams that the tank was not designed to take. This can lead to future leaking problems. Remove everything, water, fish, substrate for moving.

will completely empty it when i get to itthere will be 3 of us to move it so all should be ok...

well today is the day i get my new tank. still havent seen ityet but i think its a 55 gal tank.. will be a fun day trying to get it and the unit home...

Most reactions

Back