Rehoming!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Luzi

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Classic story - I got 2 chinese algae eaters as a newbie, and now they've started to get aggressive. My LFS being pets at home, i got zero advice :X

I'd like to rehome them to someone with a suitable tank and tankmates for them. They're excellent algae eaters with loads of personality, but they can't be kept with my fish in a 64 litre tank
They do well with aggressive fish like cichlids, although NOT angelfish. They're very hardy and can live in acidic tanks with malawis, and they're fast so they won't get eaten
These guys are at 10cm and 7cm but they'll keep on growing to around 20cm if they're kept in a big enough tank.

I'm willing to post them but it'll depend on the weather and location.
Please post your tank size before offering and read about the species. If they're not rehomed, i'll do my best to return them to the store but i've had them for 6 months so i doubt they'll take them back.
If i can't rehome them, they'll be put to sleep - my mum wasn't happy when they attacked her favourite fish, and she'll happily get rid of them :S

A- this aught to be in classifieds.

B- Can be kept with aggressive cichlids, but NOT angelfish? Is there some reason for this? Angelfish are one of the more docile cichlids i've found. All the angels i've kept have, so too my grandad, and my gf step-dad?

A- this aught to be in classifieds.

B- Can be kept with aggressive cichlids, but NOT angelfish? Is there some reason for this? Angelfish are one of the more docile cichlids i've found. All the angels i've kept have, so too my grandad, and my gf step-dad?

CAE are known when they get older for sucking the slime off deep bodied fish like angels discus etc.

I completely forgot about the classified section :S hopefully someone will move i the post

Completely right about the angels! CAE need to be kept with fish that are quick or will eat anything that goes near them :)

Most reactions

Back